1.3.14

dinner for one: caesar salad

I was home alone the other night, and I quite enjoyed that. 



...

And I thought, you know what, I will make myself something nice. 


Well, you've already read what I decided upon. I love it. Caesar salad and a glass of white wine. 


...




...

Favourite white at the moment; really fragrant, it's fruity but dry, nice subtle minerals. Good value for money (7euros). And a good match with salads (possibly better with a goat cheese salad). 

...




......





....



....

These are the ingredients I used for my Caesar. Quite obvious how to prepare it, I suppose ;). 


I boiled the egg, baked the chicken in the oven with a bit of chili flakes and oregano, cut the tomatoes in quarters, baked the pancetta until crispy, and made perfect croutons.... 
They were really good.... I tore the white bread, microwaved the butter until fluid, and drizzled it over the bread chunks, bit of salt, and in the oven (200C) until brown on the outside, but still a bit soft on the inside. And then, a tiny bit of magic, I have this slight obsession with truffle oil, it's just...soo tasty. So I drizzled that over the croutons. 
Buttery truffled croutons, mmmm!

I used ready-made caesar dressing, because I was scared I might blow my whole salad my attempting my own, and the supermarkets (Albert Heijn) version is really good. 


....

Hello color!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen